Pages

21/11/2013

Beautiful Creatures - Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl

Not a fan of this book, I just thought it was way way way too weird.

Lena arrives to the small town called Gatlin, to stay with her Uncle who is the towns oldest, creepiest resident- and who rarely ever leaves his house.. No one ever sees him. He's probably the most mysterious person they've ever come across.
Lena has magical powers which she struggles to conceal, when she meets Ethan, neither of them can deny there's a connection deeper than friendship between them. When they discover their pasts have a lot more in common than they could ever imagine, things start to get even weirder.

I really wanted to like this book, I heard a lot of good things about it, but I just couldn't get into it. I still haven't even finished it, and I don't think I'll be able to return to it. I couldn't even finish the movie (which I thought was boring).

The writing style was okay, it wasn't difficult to read or understand, but the whole concept of the magic, and the weird mysterious things that happen to them just didn't make any sense to me.

I didn't like it at all, but I think the one thing I did like was the fact that they discovered they could speak to each other with their minds (you know I love a bit of mind reading), that's the only positive I have to really say about this.

It didn't pull me in, I didn't understand what was going on half the time, there were too many radical scene changes, and I wasn't sure what was happening.

It was definitely a hit or miss kind of book for me, and it missed... by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment