Pages

17/11/2013

Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare (Infernal Devices #1)

This series follows Tessa, a former Mundane (normal person) who has a power she didn't know she had, she goes to London to meet her brother and discovers he's been kidnapped by warlocks. In London, she meets the Shadowhunters in the London Institute and from then on, they help her to find her brother and defeat the villains. 

I loved this book purely because there is so much going on, you have the Shadow World which you learn so much about and if you've read The Mortal Instruments series then you'll begin to understand things a lot more, and you'll sit holding the book in your hand like 'OHHH I SEE'. Everything slides in together and the world and histories of it develops a lot. 

I have to give it to Cassie Clare, I didn't really like her writing style when I was reading her other series, so I was wary about starting this one, but she wrote it wonderfully. It was fast-paced and it flowed really well! I really enjoyed this book, I think it's probably one of my favourite books from this author.

The characters are very likeable and although they have majorly weird problems that are totally unrelatable, 
the way it's written makes it feel so real and you just want them to succeed and come out okay at the end because you end up caring about them all so much, and that is such a powerful thing for an author to be able to do!

Overall, it's a great book with a great storyline if you're into the sort of magical world with faeries, warlocks, vampires, werewolves then I definitely recommend it! I might have to re-read it actually:)
5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment