Pages

20/11/2013

The Elite - Kiera Cass (The Selection #2)

Again, I'm starting off by commenting on the beautiful cover. I'd love to wear dresses like that.

Right, book 2 in The Selection series. If I'm honest, I'm not sure where book 1 ended and book 2 began, I had to read the next in the series immediately! I usually like reading series/trilogies after all the books are out so I don't have to painfully wait, little did I know this book only came out in the past few months, so the next one isn't due till 2014 and I am gutted.

Okay, so if you don't know what this series is about, check out my review on the first book, The Selection - Kiera Cass (ps. I loved it).
There were a lot more rebellions in this, and frankly it was really scary to read! We found out a lot about the history of the country, Illea and a few hidden secrets of Prince Maxon's. I loved seeing another side to him, Prince Maxon is one of my favourite characters of all time, he's such a cute person, but at the same time he's has these sexy manly qualities, which is such a perfect balance.

Aspen. Oh Aspen. Why why why. He shows up at the Palace and makes life difficult for America. Throughout MOST of this book I wanted to hit America on the head with a brick because she was being so irritating. Why can't she see that Maxon is the right person for her? She would be such a perfect, if slightly an unconventional Princess and future Queen. I felt like America didn't know her limits and after the incident with Marlee, she should have been a bit wiser. You'd think she would have matured a bit right? Nope.

Either way, I still love this series, I hope 'The One #3' isn't the last book! I feel like the series can't end so soon! I just want more and more and more. I'm so excited for the release of the next book, I'll have to pre-order it!

No comments:

Post a Comment