Pages

18/11/2013

The Maze Runner - James Dashner

Thomas wakes up in a lift, looking up at a whole  group of boys staring down at him. He doesn't recall how he got there or what he's even doing there. Where is he? He's in The Glade. The Glade is this section in the middle of a giant maze, which is closed off by big walls. The boys have been there for 2 years trying to figure out a way to escape. When Thomas arrives, things start changing and maybe just maybe they'll find their way out. 

This book is perfect. This book is just incredible. If you're thinking of reading it, do it. If you're not sure whether you'll like it (like I was) read it cos I promise you'll love it. The writing-style wasn't the best I've ever read, but the flow was easy to follow and brought the elements of the story together well. Although I know a lot of people didn't like the fact that it was repetitive, I thought it gave an element of authenticity, it really made you feel like you were Thomas, because you were just as confused as he was, and things start falling into place for the both of you, so it's like you're both in it together, like a little team! I loved that, because I felt like I was part of the story, and it was easy to get lost into the book and care for all the characters who were worth caring about. Every boy in the Glade had different unique personalities, which complemented each other well. They built up a kind of family within the Glade and it was comforting to know that throughout it all they had each other. 

I'm not even saying anymore, this book speaks for itself. It's easily one of the best books I've read all year.

5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment