Pages

20/11/2013

The Mind Readers - Lori Brighton

Mind Readers is a book about... mind readers (ha ha). So Cameron can read minds, and no one knows about it! Sounds cool right? Who hasn't wanted to be able to read minds? I love books about mind readers, so I had high expectations.

Right anyway, Cameron's been hiding her ability for years, as she was warned that there were people who wanted to hurt her if they found out. Cameron's little enclosed and protected world built by her grandmother all comes crumbling down when gorgeous Lewis arrives on the scene. He tempts her with the 'possibilities of freedom'. But obviously it's all too good to be true right?

I enjoyed this book, I really did. I liked all the characters, although most mind reader books tend to head in the same direction, I hadn't read one for a few years, so it didn't bother me that it was similar to other books. The writing style was incredibly easy to read, great if you want to just relax and let your mind wind down at the end of a long day.

I was a little disappointed when the mystery in this book came to an end so quickly, as that was obviously not the main plot, but just a sub-plot to get the story going. I think it could have possibly been a much better story-line if the subplot at the beginning of the book was actually the main plot.

I read this a while ago, and although I enjoyed this book, I'm in no hurry to read the next one, I feel like I can guess where the series is heading, as it was pretty predictable, but nevertheless I do want to read the next book at some point because I'd love to know what happens as there was a slight cliffhanger at the end, but obviously it wasn't a big one otherwise I would have jumped on the next book right away.

It's a great read if you want something quick to pass the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment