Pages

23/11/2013

Twilight Saga - Stephanie Meyers

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn and The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner are the 4 (+1) books in the Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer. Oh but you already knew that didn't you?

So as you've probably already heard, this series is about a girl who falls in love with a vampire. This is going to be a non-biased review on the books and the books only (I don't care about the movies, I know they sucked, but I'm a book reviewer so it's just about the books).

When I first read this, I loved the story. I'd never read anything like it before and I thought the concept was great. When I re-read it a few years later, I realised it wasn't as great as I once thought it was.

I liked Bella as the main character, I didn't think she was annoying at all. Thinking back I didn't have a problem with her at all until the later books. I loved Edward, I still do. The book Edward is just perfect. I adored the fact that he was mysterious and always seemed to be around to save the day (I'm a sucker for those kinds of boys!). The first part of the book was great! The second part became a little weird, the description wasn't as good, I had trouble imagining how things were playing out. I thought it became really predictable and the writing style deteriorated.

The second book was such a bore! I wasn't able to finish that book, it was just so boring! I really only enjoyed seeing Edward and he left in that book, I didn't like it. I wanted to read the books for Edward and Edward only! He wasn't really in it, so I wasn't really happy. It's simple.

Eclipse was full of action which I loved and I knew that Victoria was going to make an appearance again, I mean, how could she not? I thought it was all a little predictable though.

Breaking Dawn is my favourite book, I've read it 4 times and I have 2 different copies. I loved when Edward kept answering Jacobs mind-questions, I re-read those parts over and over again! I thought they were great. What I didn't like was the fight that didn't happen- I hated how Stephanie Meyer didn't have any of the main characters killed off. I think she took the easy way out, and I think that the ending to the whole saga could have been improved a whole lot.

The Twilight novella - The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner were perfect. It was so dark and mysterious, I reckon this could have been made into a whole series of it's own. I loved learning about the newborn vampires and how difficult it was for Bree to change her whole lifestyle etc. I think it was much better than the whole of the Twilight Saga. I just wished it was longer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annie! You make some great points here. The second book was the same for me. Book 1, whilst not perfect, peeked my interest. I skipped book three, but was lent book 4. Haven't read the novella but sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete