Pages

07/12/2013

50 Shades of Grey - E.L. James

Okay, so I did pick up this book because of all the hype about it. Obviously I didn't go into a book store to buy it, I did it on my kindle, I wanted to read it privately, I didn't want people to see I'd given in to the hype!!

Did I like it?
I did. I liked the storyline, I fell for Christian Grey from the second we met him in his office. I loved his attitude and coldness. He seemed like the perfect guy for me, I was hoping I'd find someone like him (minus the BDSM stuff- I doubt I could handle that). I feel slightly annoyed at myself for loving such a typical character, but oh well.

The writing? OH god. It wasn't great, I think we all know it's not written very well. It's rushed, it's bland and basic and just terrible. I overlooked it because I liked where the story was going (and yes I did finish the trilogy), in my opinion the second and third books are much better, I'm such a sucker for a happy ending.

Ana just pissed me off all the time though. Her 'inner goddess' made me want to just throw my kindle out the window. I just didn't want to deal with it. She's 21 and she couldn't even talk about her body parts properly? I mean come on, you're not a kid. Like I just wanted to scream at her GROW THE FUCK UP oh my goodness.

I know a lot of people hated Ana's actions but I thought if I put myself in her position, I probably would have done the same things, she's not perfect and this is a really weird and messed up novel but it's a good read, especially if you like a sexy alpha male. You can't really go wrong right?

1 comment:



  1. I have not read this book yet. I guess once I stop writing I will sit down and give it a read.

    ReplyDelete