Pages

13/12/2013

Frostbite - Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy #2) *SPOILERS BEWARE*

Right right right. Hmm. I don't usually review books that aren't the first in the series because I don't want to give too much away about the first book. But I'll just make this short and sweet.

I love where this series is going, I think this book is JUST as good as the first one. Usually with books that are second/third/fourth in the series they're not as good as the first one and it all seems to go downhill.. but this book is equally as good as the first one is. I mean, that's good... I know. BUT I wanted something that would have been BETTER than the first one. I liked the story, I thought it was also really realistic.

*SPOILERS AHEAD*
I mean, we all know the guardians work towards fighting the Strigoi, that's their job- that's what they have to do. And I've heard a lot of people saying it was unrealistic that Mason wanted to just run into the Strigoi lair and kill them as if it's easy, but Rose thought that aswell before she came face to face with Natalie. I think all the novices think that they're ready to take Strigoi on when really they're not. I mean, last year I thought I was ready to go to University, but when the time came I realised that maybe I should wait another year because I wasn't ready. 
*END SPOILERS*

Dimitri is a bit of a dick in this book, it's understandable but I wish he'd just shutup and be with Rose already. Our new characters are all very mysterious and I really love that. It gives an eery vibe to the whole book. Too many hot guys in one series if I'm honest!
Why can't the heroine's fall for ugly guys??

*MORE SPOILERS*
I did the think the ending to the book was a little unrealistic, I mean, considering Rose couldn't take on one strigoi in VA, but she not only managed to take 2 strigoi on in this book, she also managed to kill them... HMM. Bit fishy if you ask me. Maybe all the training managed to turn her into a super-dhampir? Who knows.
*END SPOILERS*

I really liked this book and I can't wait to get my hands on the next one! Off we go:)

No comments:

Post a Comment