Pages

12/01/2014

Book Haul #2 + I NEED GEORGE ORWELL.

Okay, so the other day I went into town and found a few charity shops (and by a few I mean like 6). I only recently realised that sometimes you can find some really good books in charity shops (thanks to people on youtube!) so I got a bit carried away!

Here's what I bought:
Okay, so they might be slightly difficult to see- but I'll explain them all right here. Off we go, from left to right.
The Casual Vacancy - J.K. Rowling. Okay so the reason I bought this was because it's a practically perfect hardback and it was £2, I couldn't exactly let it go could I? I don't know if I'll be reading it, the size is kind of daunting. But it's J.K Rowling, so I feel like I should have at least one book by her (other than Harry Potter).

Next is Dash & Lily's Book of Dares - David Levithan. I've been hearing about this a lot, and I've just recently found out about David Levithan, and read his book "Boy Meets Boy" which I loved (and made a post about so check it out!) so I feel like I need to read some of his other work because his writing style is really amazing and quite similar to John Green. Also, the actual story sounds really cute and I've been into the cutey kinda books lately so I can't wait to get to it! It was like 99p.

The 3rd book I bought is The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - John Boyne. I've seen this movie, and cried and cried and cried so I thought I'd give the book a go! I'm not sure about it so far, but I'll still give it a fair chance! And it was cheap aswell so why not right!

The next is The Pledge - Kimberly Derting. I've been meaning to read this series for such a long time! The whole idea of it just sounds really really fascinating, I can't wait to read it, it sounds really super good. I'm excited! Also 99p.

Then I bought Angelfall - Susan Ee. I actually read this on my kindle like last week, and loved it so much. I thought it was beautifully written and had such a unique story, I just had to have it in physical copy! I just wish charity shops would have newer books so I can buy World After!

Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins is also a book that I've read on my kindle and loved it. It's not really the genre I'd read all the time, I think it'd start to make me depressed if I keep reading cute love stories, but when I read this I was just blown away. It was so so so cute and not in an overly romantic kind of way! Another thing that really drew me to it was that it's set in Paris, and I love all things French!
Spud - John Van De Ruit is a book I heard about from the book community on youtube. I love boarding school books, I think they're so fun! So the idea of a posh boys boarding school is just really interesting to me!

The next two books have made me really upset. I've read The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness and loved it! Although it did take me like a year to read it after I bought it, but I really loved it. It's taken me ages to buy the next two  - The Ask and the Answer and Monsters of Men - Patrick Ness (Books 2 and 3 in the Chaos Walking Trilogy) but they're the different edition, and they don't match my first book and ah it just doesn't look nice on my shelf. The first one was there but I didn't see a point of getting a matching one! Oh well, I'm really excited to read these books, I really really liked the first one, it was so unique!

Right, moving onto George Orwell. Like I said, I literally went into every shop in town and I was specifically looking for 1984 and I couldn't find it anywhere! It's so upsetting because I really really want to read it. But I have a thing about paying more than £3 for a book (I don't know why, I just do!) I figure I can get 3 books for the same price, blah blah but anyway, I really want it so I'm hoping someone will donate it to a charity shop or something so I can have it!

1 comment:

  1. I have had some really great books from charity shops. Luckily lots of people seem to read and then donate their books ( I have to confess I am a bit of a squirrel where books are concerned!) Hope you have some luck with 1984!

    ReplyDelete