Pages

15/01/2014

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares - Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

First of all, let me say that I love the way this book was written. At the end, there's a section where it says that David wrote Dash's point of view, and Rachel wrote Lily's and they didn't really talk about what was going to happen when they sent each other each chapter. I think that's such a great thing.

I loved this story from the get-go. I honestly don't think I can fault it. I want to read it again already.

Dash was such a lovely character, and so was Lily, but I think I preferred Dash just a little more! I've read comments saying that both characters were pretentious, but compared to John Green's work, they weren't pretentious at all, they were just smart and liked words and book and the like.

The concept of this book is amazing, before I picked it up- I was literally like OH YES what a fabulous idea! It's like completely unrealistic that this would ever happen in real life but I think that's what I like about it. It's so unlikely to happen that you just want to read about it and wish it would happen. It's not impossible, so you can still try it- and that's really great- I wonder if anyone has tried this already? I must remember to find out somehow!

Furthermore, I recommend this book. You should just go and pick it up right now- don't come back until you've finished it so we can talk about how amazing and feel-good it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment