Pages

16/06/2015

Lying Out Loud - Kody Keplinger

Lying Out Loud - Kody Keplinger
"Sonny Ardmore is an excellent liar. She lies about her dad being in prison. She lies about her mom kicking her out. And she lies about sneaking into her best friend's house every night because she has nowhere else to go.

Amy Rush might be the only person Sonny shares everything with— secrets, clothes, even a nemesis named Ryder Cross.

Ryder's the new kid at Hamilton High and everything Sonny and Amy can't stand—a prep-school snob. But Ryder has a weakness: Amy. So when Ryder emails Amy asking her out, the friends see it as a prank opportunity not to be missed.

But without meaning to, Sonny ends up talking to Ryder all night online. And to her horror, she realizes that she might actually like him. Only there's one small catch: he thinks he's been talking to Amy. So Sonny comes up with an elaborate scheme to help Ryder realize that she's the girl he's really wanted all along. Can Sonny lie her way to the truth, or will all her lies end up costing her both Ryder and Amy?" - Goodreads

I loved this book and I'm not ashamed to say it. I've really been in the mood for some drama-filled contemporaries lately, and this did not disappoint. If you're looking for a book that can make you feel a rollercoaster of emotions, then this is it.. (or maybe there's just something up with my hormones!). 

I loved the main character, Sonny. She was so normal and relatable, and yeah she was FRUSTRATING at times. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I started shouting at my poor Kindle, shaking the life out of it and throwing it on the floor because of how frustrating Sonny was, it happened. 

The concept of this was just so fascinating to me, like what? That could happen? How does that even happen? I was intrigued from the minute I read the synopsis and ended up finishing this book in pretty much one day. 

I flew through it, it was an easy quick read, it was happy and sad, and it was interesting and different. 

I love Kody Keplinger's writing style, it beats SO many authors and I find sometimes that even if the book is amazing, the writing style can make or break it. And with this, it makes it. It makes it so much. 

I loved seeing the progression between the characters, watching Amy turn into a more independent, stronger character. Watching Sonny be a bit more truthful. Watching Ryder be less of a douche. 

Hmm Ryder. 
Mixed feelings about this guy. I mean, when we're first introduced to him, I was like WOAH BACK AWAY FROM THE **** (insert expletive), but after getting to know him a little more, he doesn't seem all too bad. I mean, I still probably wouldn't want to be friends with him but he became a lot more tolerable to read about, which is always a good thing. 

And of course, our beloved Wesley and Bianca made an appearance and gosh did I love it. Their relationship is just the cutest <3 div="" nbsp="">

Anyway, I'm a happy girl after finishing that, I rated it 4* on goodreads! 

Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment