Pages

25/06/2015

Mid-June Book Haul!

Hey guys! So as promised, I'm here with my second ever book haul!
I bought 8 books altogether this month, which may not seem like nothing to some of you, but it's definitely a lot for me!

Book #1

The Tales of Beedle the Bard - J.K. Rowling
This is the book read by Hermione in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows book with the children's stories - specifically the Tale of the Three Brothers - remember? The Deathly Hallows? Yeah so this is the book and ugh I'm so excited. I love children's stories, but children's stories from the wizarding world? Yes please.
I got this as a used copy on Amazon, and I'm so happy I did. I hate when books are used, but this looks like I've had it since I was a child, a wizard child. It looks so authentic and I'm so glad I've got it. Can't wait to read and review it!


Book #2
Quidditch Through the Ages: Kennilworthy Whisp - J.K. Rowling
Another book written by J.K. Rowling to accompany the Harry Potter series. This is all about Quidditch, obviously! I'm not as excited to read this as I am the first one, but I had to have it! There's another one on the way: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, which I'm definitely looking forward to! It's just not going to arrive before I go away, and I didn't want to wait that long to do the haul!
Again, another used copy which is amazing because it's a library book and on the inside it has Ron/Hermione/other Hogwarts students who have checked it out, so I feel like I've just checked it out after them! Again, super authentic.

Book #3
P.S. I Still Love You - Jenny Han (To All The Boys I've Loved Before #2)
This is the sequel to the amazing book, 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before'. I adored that book and I'm so excited to get to this one!
I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't read the first, and to be honest, I don't really know what this sequel is going to be about. So the first book is about a girl who wrote love letters to all the boys she's previously loved, signed and sealed them but never sent them... one day, she realises that someone somehow sent all the letters out and the boys got them, and it's just about the aftermath of that!

Book #4
Wonder - R.J. Palacio
I have this book as an audio book, and have been listening to it whilst at the gym (great idea btw, you guys should try it!). I usually hate audiobooks, but I loved this one. I only got an hour in, which I've just realised is pretty much nothing. I love where this book is going so I decided to buy it so I could read it a lot faster.
It's about a boy who is born with facial deformities and how he deals with life and being different and starting a new school etc. I can't wait to finish this book, it's really good so far!



Book #5
All The Bright Places - Jennifer Niven
This is a book about "a girl who learns to live, from a boy who wants to die." They both have their issues and reasons for disliking their lives, and they come together and help eachother out.

I've started this book, and only 50 or so pages in, but I'm loving it so far. It's very well-written and interesting to hear about both of their backstories. I love books with dual narratives, because you can read about both of their sides to the same story.



Book #6
I'll Give You The Sun - Jandy Nelson
I've been hearing nothing but good things about this book and decided to pick it up.. That's literally the only reason I own it. I have no idea what it's about, but I'm going to guess and say it's a romantic contemporary? Or.. someone who wants to steal the sun? Like a spin off for Despicable Me?
Ah yes, we'll go for the former. It's about twins (a boy and a girl) who I believe.. fall out for some reason, and it's both of their points of view at different points in their lives?
The only thing I'm worried about with this is that I'll get confused at what point in time they're talking about because I hate books that jump around like that, but we'll see! I hope it's good.

Book #7
Throne of Glass - Sarah J Mass
Okay. Where do I start? I believe this is about a girl who becomes an assassin. I mean, that's all I know. I've heard EVERYONE and their mothers talking about this and I've tried to read it before, but I don't remember if I liked it and just didn't have time to read or if I didn't like it. But I'm going to give it another shot.






So that's all for my book haul this month! I will update it once the 3rd Harry Potter companion book arrives. Have you read these books? Did you like them? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Throne Of Glass is such a great book. The entire series is amazing. I hope you enjoy the books.

    ReplyDelete