Pages

15/06/2015

Miss Mayhem - Rachel Hawkins

Miss Mayhem - Rachel Hawkins 
* I won't add a synopsis for those of you who haven't read Rebel Belle *

I also, won't go into detail of the plot and there won't be any spoilers so don't you worry! If you want to read my review of Rebel Belle then just click... HERE.

1. I really enjoyed this book, and read it in pretty much one sitting! I preferred it to Rebel Belle, but I think that's because I understood the characters a little more.

2. There wasn't really that much going on in this book, I mean... there was, but not as much as in Rebel Belle.. although that's a bit of a bummer, I kind of liked that because we got to see a little more about the relationships that the characters have with each other.

3. One thing I loved about this book was the description of Harper's feelings for David. I could completely and utterly relate to those feelings of love and hurt and pain etc and every metaphor used to describe how she was feeling was perfect. That is something I usually don't pick up on, but it was strong in this book.

4. One thing I didn't like was all the breaking up and getting back together and switching boyfriends and girlfriends and blegh. It was like one big giant incestuous family.

5. I feel like the plot and the development could have been a little better, it just seemed a bit childish and rushed. I can't find the word I'm looking for, but it just wasn't as action packed and tense as other books have been. Maybe it's a bit too YA for me, but like for a younger audience? I needed more violence, I needed more tension and fear and drama.

6. Some of the plot was just a little confusing. Like really confusing. Like things happened for no reason,  just to add a bit of drama to the plot but it turned out to be completely pointless? Yeah this is a confusing point, but if you've read the book you'll understand where I'm coming from.

Overall, I liked this book a lot more than Rebel Belle, it made me laugh, it made me cry and I loved how much of an easy read this is. I flew through this book and I can't wait for the next one!

I rated it 4* on goodreads.

Let me know your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. I have not read Rebel Belle and I initially had no urge to, but it was so hyped up when it came out I feel like I need to read it still. As for girlfriends and boyfriends breaking up, getting back together, and all that drama, I don't particularly enjoy reading that either in books.
    Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I felt the exact same way, when it came out, I wondered what the hype was all about and I tried to read it. I couldn't get into it, so I tried again, and the same thing happened. I think when I left it for a few months (okay a year) and came back to it, I was kind of in the mood for this type of thing and it helped.

      Yeah in my opinion, I don't think it's the best series out there, and I can't see why/how people are rating them 5/5 but each to their own I guess.

      The romance isn't too bad, the breaking/making up thing can be easily overlooked, so if you're worried about that, I think it's a minor thing.

      I think only attempt to read this series if you think the plot would interest you, and not because of how hyped up it's become by people online etc. There's not enough hours in a day to be reading books you're really not into!

      My advice? Try it out and if you like it, great! If not, find something you will like, it never hurts to try!

      Delete
  2. I loved this book!!!!

    ReplyDelete