Pages

09/07/2015

The Tales of Beedle the Bard - (Beedle the Bard) JK Rowling

The Tales of Beedle the Bard - (Beedle the Bard) JK Rowling
"The Tales of Beedle the Bard, a Wizarding classic, first came to Muggle readers’ attention in the book known as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Now, thanks to Hermione Granger’s new translation from the ancient runes, we present this stunning edition with an introduction, notes, and illustrations by J. K. Rowling, and extensive commentary by Albus Dumbledore. Never before have Muggles been privy to these richly imaginative tales: “The Wizard and the Hopping Pot,” “The Fountain of Fair Fortune,” “The Warlock’s Hairy Heart,” “Babbitty Rabbitty and Her Cackling Stump,” and of course, “The Tale of the Three Brothers.” But not only are they the equal of fairy tales we now know and love, reading them gives new insight into the world of Harry Potter." - Goodreads 

I know I'm a bit late to the game, but I just bought this and had to read it! It's short and sweet, but it's also an interesting twist to our muggle fairytales. Each story in the book is different in its own way, and what's even better are the notes from Dumbledore himself! I think I'll go through each story separately and give you guys a little detail on what I liked/didn't like about each one!

The first story in the book was "The Wizard and the Hopping Pot", I think I liked this story the most. It was the most interesting and the one that kept my attention the easiest. I would rate this individual story 5 stars.

Secondly and probably my least favourite story in the book was "The Fountain of Fair Fortune", I wasn't quite sure what the point of this story was, it didn't really keep my attention at all, and I just felt like I was reading words but not taking anything in - although I did really enjoy the ending. 3 stars.

The third book is "The Warlock's Hairy Heart".. this was a crazy one and probably the most graphic and dark story in the book, which is probably why I enjoyed it so much! 4 stars.


The fourth book is called "Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump" - This book reminds me of Ron, so I read every word and took my time with it (still didn't take long to finish!) but I really enjoyed this one too. Out of all the stories, I found myself growing feelings for each of these characters, which is crazy considering how short the story was! - 5 stars.

The final book, and the one we all already know is "The Tale of the Three Brothers" - there's not much to say about this one, it was definitely lovely to read the whole story myself and to read Dumbledore's notes on it aswell.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and rated it 4 stars on Goodreads!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this book and thought it was a brilliant spin-off to the original stories - though I know some people hated it. I really enjoyed how it tied in with Deathly Hallows, and thought the notes from Dumbledore were a really nice addition.
    I'm going to stop rambling now...

    ReplyDelete