Tuesday, 25 August 2015
10 Books That You Would Teach About - Top 10 Tuesday!
So this title is the less Americanised version. Original: August 25: Top Ten Books That Would Be On Your Syllabus If You Taught X 101 (examples: YA fantasy 101, feminist literature 101, magic in YA 101, classic YA lit 101, world-building 101) *taken from Broke&Bookish.
But anyway, let's begin. So the 'subject' I've chosen to 'teach' is YA Contemporary, and these books would be on my compulsory reading list!
1. Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell
2. Everything, Everything - Nicola Yoon
3. Attachments - Rainbow Rowell
4. Perfect Chemistry (and companion books) - Simone Elkeles
5. Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
6. Let It Snow - John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle
7. Looking for Alaska - John Green (favourite JG book btw!)
8. To All The Boys I've Loved Before - Jenny Han
9. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares - Rachel Cohn
10. Lying Out Loud - Kody Keplinger
Which subgenre would you choose and what books to go along with it?