I was nominated by Nicolette @ A Read-Aholic. Thanks so much for tagging me!
So here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their website
- Use the award logo on your post
- Answer the 10 questions provided by the blogger who tagged you
- Nominate 10 bloggers
- Ask them 10 questions
1. What is the best book you've read thus far this summer?
Can I say the Harry Potter series? I'm re-reading it and absolutely loving it. No? Then definitely Everything, Everything - Nicola Yoon. I loved that book. One of my favourites no doubt.
2. A genre you haven't read or haven't read much from?
Classics. Is that a genre? I don't read many classics, I probably should but I'm lazy and prefer easily(?) written books so I can just turn my mind off. But I have read a few and I've loved them, so maybe I'll try and read some more!
3. Favourite time of day to read?
Definitely the evening. I read in bed, it's my favourite place to read and I much prefer reading when it's dark out and when everyone's asleep and it's silent.
4. How long does it take you to usually read a book?
It depends on the size, but roughly 2/3 days if I'm not busy - if it's during term time and I'm at uni then sometimes a week.
Funny story, I started Game of Thrones last summer and I got to uni and read about a chapter of it and that was all I read the whole time I was at uni........... I'm not even sorry.
5. Book(s) you're looking forward to reading next year?
Oh gosh, I haven't thought that far. The only book I'm really looking forward to is Winter - Marissa Meyer which is out in November- I guess that's close enough to next year.
6. Favourite author in your favourite genre?
I'm not really one to have a favourite author. I always dislike at least one book from an author, can't like them all! But I would read anything by Marissa Meyer I think. So I guess it's her!:)
7. Character you want as a best friend and why?
I have issues with a lot of characters, I always find the faults and it's causing me big problems, especially with this question. But it's safe to say that I want Ron Weasley as my best friend. He's such a cutie, I love him to little pieces.
8. Do you try to convince your non-reading friends that books are worth it?
I try to get my boyfriend to read, but as for anyone else - they're just not interested in books. I kind of like that though, I feel like it's something that's just mine. I don't know anyone else in person who reads like I do and it makes me feel special. Just a little pathetic, I know.
9. How many books were in your most recent book haul?
I think about 8/9? I don't really do many book hauls because I just don't have the money or the space to buy physical books, so I tend to read ebooks instead and it's not quite the same to do a book haul with ebooks.
10. Book you want to see turned into a T.V. show or movie?
The Lunar Chronicles? If that was done right, I'd love it to be a movie series. But at the same time, book to movie adaptations tend to be... well terrible so I wouldn't want my memories of the series to be tarnished.
Who do I nominate?
Janna @ blowoutbooks
Hannah @ thedonkeyinvasion
Erika @ erikabooksandstars
Jade Louise @ jadelouisem
Skye @ ageekwithbooks
Olivia Savannah @ olivia-savannah
Gaby @ greatexhortations
Floryie @ thebookdrealms
Chelsea @ beautifulfandoms
Jessica @ thisauthorslife
And my questions for you are...
1. What is your favourite standalone novel?
2. Do you prefer physical books or ebooks?
3. Where do you buy your books from?
4. How many books do you own?
5. If you could write a book (or are writing a book) what is/would it be about?
6. What 'hyped' book did you not like and why?
7. Are there any book to movie adaptations where you preferred the movie to the book?
8. Name a popular book series that everyone has read, but you haven't and why haven't you read it?
9. Tell me a book that you love but not many people seem to know about it.
10. What are your top 5 favourite series?