Pages

12/02/2016

Top 5 Romance Books

The festive season has come to an end, and now it's all doom and gloom. Can you believe Christmas is already long gone?! I wanted to cheer myself up with a cute, fluffy read and thought I'd let you guys in on it too!

The first book I want to talk to you about is my all-time favourite love story. Perfect Chemistry - Simone Elkeles, follows a rich white girl who falls for a poor, gang member from the 'rough' side of town. Opposites attract right? Apparently so.

This book is honestly the best book I've ever read (bare in mind I did read this in like year 9 which was around... oh 7 years ago) but my memory never fails me. I know if I were to read it now, which actually I might do, it will still be just as amazing as the first time.

I love that it's not just a fluffy, gooey insta-love type of book, there's so many other factors that come into play and it can be a little dark and dangerous at times. But I love the mix. It's perfect. Definitely check this book out, you won't regret it!


Next on the list is, Ugly Love - Colleen Hoover. I'm a big, big, big fan of heartbreak and drama in my romance novels. I love everything that comes with... love and we all know it's not an easy ride. This is the perfect example, it's a great "Gosh, imagine how much worse things could be for me" type of read. It really makes you re-evaluate everything. This is more of a New Adult book and there's a ton of sex and I'm sure some foul language, as well as distressing scenes so you might want to watch out for that. Am I selling it to you yet?

Colleen Hoover is an amazing author, and although this is the only book I've read by her, I'm keen to pick up pretty much everything else that she's ever written. This is a good book, but it's not a book that will give you warm & fuzzy feelings inside, so if that's what you're looking for- check this next book out!







If you've been waiting for the ultra cute book to come, this is it. Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins is the ultimate fluffy romance. I mean, yeah it's got it's issues. Like the fact our main character's love interest has a girlfriend but you know that's easily solved. 

I loved everything about this book, but mostly because it was mainly set in Paris and come on, who doesn't want their romance novels to be set in Paris, amirite? I feel like I don't need to say much about this book, you've probably all read (and loved) it already, and if you haven't... you should pick it up immediately!







These are in no particular order by the way.

The penultimate book that I've chosen for you is...  The Silver Linings Playbook - Matthew Quick. I don't know why but I always associate this book (and movie) with Valentine's Day. It's not your typical lovey-dovey romance, but it's sure as hell an amazing story. I think this is the least romantic book of them all, and it's purely in here because of the associations I have with it. But it is really, really, super, cute.

The fact that it brings together two people who've struggled with mental illnesses and shows us another side to falling in love is truly heartwarming.
There's not a lot I can say about this. I claimed (in my review) that this was my new favourite book, and I still feel exactly the same.

If you can't be bothered with the book then the movie is just as good. I love the movie. It may be my favourite movie. Seriously. I just love this.





So I got a little off-track with the Silver Linings Playbook, but now I'm back, sipping my tea and trying to think of the final book to add. Okay. I'm ready.

The final book is Emmy & Oliver - Robin Benway. This is more of a coming-of-age type of novel, but it's still really enjoyable. I can't believe I've pretty much already past that time in my life. God I'm old.
I remember reading this and absolutely devouring it. I'm sure I couldn't put it down. It was super cutesy, with just a few little problems (our love interest was kidnapped by his dad when he was young and moved back home as a teen). So you know, things are difficult, but they're also really lovely.








So there ya have it guys! Are there any books you think should have been on this list? Let me know! I'd love to find more cutesy, romance reads.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Perfect Chemistry! Fuentes brothers! *swoons* But Alex Fuentes will always and forever be my favorite Fuentes. Poor Paco :( And yes, Silver Linings is just sooo cute<3 Jen's acting is so on point! Great list!

    ReplyDelete