Pages

20/08/2017

Book Blogger Memory Challenge!!

Anyone who knows me knows that I have the memory of a fish (I can't even remember where I found this tag). Even my new driving instructor asked me if I had rubbish memory because I kept forgetting to do things. So why, do you ask, are you doing a tag that relies on memory? I like challenges! (And I thought this one would be kind of easy because I came up with a book for each question as soon as I read it!)

So without further ado, let's see how great my memory is!

1. Name a book written by an author called Michael


Kensuke's Kingdom - Michael Morpurgo

Remember that book? We had to read it in primary school and I absolutely loved it. I believe it's about a boy who gets stuck on an island, he meets Kensuke and it just goes on from there!

I'm gonna be really extra and give you another book, Gone - Michael Grant. Which I believe is something to do with all the adults in the town disappearing and the kids having to take control of things. I have read it, but years and years ago so the details aren't clear anymore! 




2. Name a book with a dragon on the cover


Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 

I have no idea if there's actually a dragon on the cover, but there's dragons in the book so it's an educated guess.
*checks to see if I'm right*
So it depends which edition you've got, but the one I was thinking about was the original Bloomsbury one!





3. Name a book about a character called George

George - Alex Gino

That was easy, it's in the title! I believe this is about a transgender girl? Or a boy who wants to become a transgender girl. And he wants to do things other girls do, but he can't because he's a boy - so I think he moves away and starts a new life as a girl? (I might have made that bit up...) Anyway, it's a really good MG book!

*In editing, and just realise this works for Q9 too!




4. Name a book written by an author with the surname Smith 

Winger - Andrew Smith

*Thought process* Andrew Smith wrote a book beginning with W that I cannot remember right now... Wicked? Withered? Winged? Winger! I think it's Winger? How embarrassing if I'm wrong. Now I'm doubting if the author is even called Andrew Smith? *End thought process*
< Obviously I was right!

I don't know what this book is about - I think a boy in boarding school? I've tried to read it but I just couldn't get into it...



5. Name a book set in Australia


Risk - Fleur Ferris

Ok, so I sort of cheated for this one. I knew that I had read a book set in Australia before, I just couldn't remember the title. I knew it was about some friends and one was killed/missing(?) and the police were investigating or something!? It was a really good book! So I had to Google the name of the book, but I found it eventually!





6. Name a book with the name of the month in the title


November 9 - Colleen Hoover

So I haven't read this book, I've just heard about it a lot around the bookish community! As with most Colleen Hoover books, this is on my TBR and I know next to nothing about it but going into her books blind is the way forward!






7. Name a book with a knife on the cover


Graceling - Kristin Cashore

So my first thought was Knife of Never Letting Go but I knew that was wrong and it only popped into my head because it had 'knife' in the title! So Graceling was the second option, but I'm almost 100% sure that it's a sword and not a knife? It still counts though right?!

I really enjoyed Graceling but I can't for the life of me tell you what it's about. It's one of those books that you just forget about as soon as you finish it.



8. Name a book with the word 'one' in the title


One - Sarah Crossan


I absolutely loved this book, I cried my eyes out at the end, like genuinely cried like a baby. HIGHLY recommend it. It's short so if you don't like it, it's not a big waste of time (you will love it though).






9. Name a book with an eponymous title


Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens


Took me a long long long time to even understand what the word 'eponymous' meant, anyone else had that problem? And now it's taking me an even longer time to come up with a title... But of course this is a classic and I love it.






10. Name a book turned into a movie


Twilight - Stephenie Meyer


This one was easy, there are SO many and whilst I usually hate all the movie adaptations, I still watch them all. It's weird to see the books I've loved being played out and interpreted differently to how I imagined things. But Twilight was the first one that popped into my head. It's the one book/movie, I hate to love and I love to hate.

If there are any GREAT movie adaptations then definitely let me know, because I'm up for watching some good things for once!


So there we go, I went a bit crazy with all of my explanations but I hope you enjoyed this little tag! I haven't done any for ages but I'm going to try and be a bit more regular with my posting! If you've done this tag, I'd love to give it a read, so link it below! 

3 comments:

  1. I think these type of tags are really fun! If I can find a space in my schedule i'll do one too and link back to you :) x

    Jess | http://acornlifefitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this tag before, but this sounds fun! I also don't understand what does eponymous means xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!

    I've nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award here;

    http://biteintobooks.blogspot.nl/2017/09/mystery-blogger-award.html

    Please don't feel like this nomination is a MUST. Just participate if you like, and don't if you don't want to! Also; I'm sorry if you already were nominated once.

    ReplyDelete